Presenting the first episode in an all-new podcast miniseries from Pop Culture Affidavit, 80 Years of DC Comics. Throughout these twelve episodes, I am going to be taking a look at the various genres of comic books that DC Comics has produced in its 80-year history. For my first episode, I start off easy by talking about superheroes. More specifically, I go through 10 moments in DC Comics published during my lifetime that have I’ve enjoyed or that have had some sort of impact on me. So while it doesn’t necessarily cover all 80 years of the company, it’s a personal look at DC, company I’ve been very loyal to since I started seriously collecting comics more than two decades ago.
Of course, you can download the episode from the same iTunes feed used for every episode of Pop Culture Affidavit, or you can listen here: Pop Culture Affidavit Presents 80 Years of DC Comics, Part One: A Comics Life in Moments.
Below are scans of the ten moments I talk about, in brief, in the episode (btw, some of these are spoilers for the stories they are from).
1. Batman Confronts Silver St. Cloud (Detective Comics #475):
2. Donna Troy Reunites With Her Adopted Mother (The New Teen Titans [First Series] #38):
3. Ordinary Citizens Reacting to Merging Earths (Crisis on Infinite Earths #5):
4. Bruce Wayne Has Some Bad News (Detective Comics #620):
5. The Atom and Green Arrow Kill Darkseid (JLA #14):
6. Batman meets … Batwoman? (The Kingdom: Planet Krypton):
7. Rose Wilson Chooses Her Family (Teen Titans #1/2):
8. Darkseid and The Infinity Gauntlet (JLA/Avengers #2):
9. “Superheroes. Kill.” (Final Crisis #3):
10. Danny Chase’s Sacrifice (The New Teen Titans: Games)